I will be giving an invited presentation at the 2010 Talent Management Conference in Portland, Oregon (September 8-10). My presentation will highlight strategic, tactical, and operational mechanisms for building sustainable knowledge management programs.
About the Presentation
As an organization prepares for the departure of valuable staff, a key challenge is how to capture, store, and transfer knowledge. Managing knowledge and ensuring its transfer will increase productivity. This session will provide useful tools and processes for selecting the best strategy to fit your organization’s culture. Participants will explore the use of technology as well as best practice approaches and tools to preserve and transmit institutional memory.
- Understanding the value proposition of investing in knowledge transfer mechanisms
- Creating appropriate knowledge creation and transfer strategies for various organizational contexts
- Measuring the impact of knowledge transfer on organizational outcomes (e.g. innovation, cost reduction, etc.)
- Deploying technological solutions to enable knowledge transfer
- Deploying social solutions to enable knowledge transfer
- Understanding the changing dynamics of knowledge transfer with social networking sites
- Leveraging knowledge transfer processes for sustainable competitive advantages